Contact Troy Swanson, General Manager, for inquiries and / or to apply.
The Business Manager has a significant role on the management team and has direct responsibility for providing strategic direction and accuracy for the company’s financial and accounting functions. The Business Manager will have day-to-day responsibility controlling all financial-related activities and oversight on human resource management. The business manager reports to the General Manager and will provide leadership to accounting assistants, bookkeepers, and credit manager.
- Provide leadership for administrative staff by developing strategic direction for all financial initiatives.
- Build strong relationships with board, employees, auditors, vendors, and representatives.
- Provide leadership in assessing, planning, and mitigating financial risks to ensure long-term financial stability for Dakotaland Feeds.
- Manage all financial reporting and accounting functions including revenue/expense reports, balance sheet, tax, fixed assets, inventory, AR/AP, inventory, and P&L.
- Develop internal controls to safeguard financial assets along with cyber security.
- Prepare all financial reporting records required by government agencies, auditors and management.
- Oversee timely completion of Year End External Audit and manage relationship with Tax and Financial advisors.
- Analyze financial statements and other Key Indicators to develop financial strategies for Dakotaland Feeds growth and efficiency.
- Work with General Manager on budgeting, CapX, and Bill of Materials.
- Manage payroll systems, HR reporting, patronage, 401k, benefit programs.
- Manage all banking functions and reporting.
- Present financial reports at all board meetings.
- Implement continuous improvement and process optimization strategies to streamline administrative processes, reduce cost and facilitate business growth.
Experience – Education
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business management
- 5+ years of senior level leadership in accounting or risk management
- Coop experience desirable
- Preference for prior agricultural accounting or business management experience
- Strong computer and written communication skills
- Proven track record on leading teams
- Ability to communicate with a variety of people & personalities
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects & multi-task with ease
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent follow through
- Results orientated with track record of successful achievements
- Ability to influence a positive employee environment
- Ability to lead change and innovation